Fill the form at the end of the page with your email and get a preview of our report for Barolo 2016, available now in Italian and English. Hurry up: excerpt will be available only until March 31!
To all Barolo enthusiasts and to those who are curious to see how much technology counts in the quality assessment of a vintage, here is an excerpt for our report for Barolo 2016. To obtain it, just fill in the form at the end of the page and the preview will be delivered to the provided email address. Please, make sure to use an address you have access to, as you will receive the excerpt directly through email.
For this report we were able to combine as many data sources as we could leverage, bringing the depth of a vintage report to an unprecedented level. Here’s why:
- We used satellites to extract more than 300 2D and 3D maps for 38 MGAs for 2013-2016 vintages: see for yourself their altitude, slope and orography. In the excerpt you will find two complete analyses for two MGAs: Bricco delle Viole and Francia.
- Our algorithms ingested all kinds of data to layer on top of these maps our Saturnalia Variation Index, a summary of the vegetation activity during all the season: light colours (yellow and light green) generally hint at good quality within the grapes. Some examples of our special Index are provided within the excerpt.
- Ground stations collected all meteorological insights: in the preview you will find part of our data on precipitation, temperatures and growing degree days.
- Production data provided directly by the Consorzio di Tutela Barolo Barbaresco Alba Langhe e Dogliani.
- Direct, first-hand knowledge of the territory and vineyards thanks to our partner VignaVeritas, whose experience was essential as it gave us the chance to provide you with a 360° picture of the vintage.
In conclusion, in the preview you will be presented with a general overview over the 2016 and our comparison in SVI (Saturnalia Variation Index) terms with the latest vintages. In addition, you will also get a preview of two MGAs: Francia and Bricco delle Viole, complete with 2D and 3D models for 2013-2016 vintages.
For additional information on Saturnalia 2016 report: https://saturnalia.tech/en/blog/saturnalia-report-barolo-2016-now-available/ .